Tout dans la vie est une question d'équilibre d'où la nécessité de garder un esprit sain dans un corps sain.

Discipline-Volonté-Persévérance

Everything in life is a matter of balance therefore one needs to keep a healthy mind in a healthy body.

Discipline-Will-Perseverance.

E. do REGO

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

For Your Viewing Pleasure part2

4. Don’t forget to check out this weekend’s Good Reads post with over 50 articles from the past week. Between that one and this one, you should be set for a while.
Ok, that’s enough. Now for the real reason I made this post. I’ve got another great list of 20+ videos to share, so I’ll cut right to the chase. I nixed any of my own since it’s already over my pre-determined limit, but I have some new ones so be sure to subscribe to my page HERE to be in the loop.
Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
David Dellanave does Zercher squats with 315 lbs for 2 reps. Not only that, but he does it old school with no rack. I actually used to do these, so I can say from experience that David is strong as an ox. Awesome stuff, and bringing back an old school lift like this gives him serious style points in my book.
Neghar Fonooni puts a 260 lb sumo deadlift, over double bodyweight! This is a personal best for Neghar, but judging by the bar speed of the lift, it won’t be for long.
Marianne Kane shows a glute-focused workout. I’m a big fan of training the glutes, an clearly whatever she’s doing is working very well. Yikes!
Jason Ferruggia shows tuck front lever rows. I love inverted rows, but I’ve never tried these before so I’ll have to give them a rip shortly once I can get in that tuck position with my knee. -
Bret Contreras shows the gliding leg curl. This is an awesome hamstring exercise that I really like doing with suspension straps, but it also works well with the bar. Awesome stuff.
Jacobi Jordan squats 573 pounds at 21 years old. This kid’s got a strong future ahead of him, literally. Wow that’s impressive.
Eric Cressey shows the half kneeling 1 arm landmine press. I really like this one for a shoulder-friendly press that also works the core. It actually reminds me a lot of the reverse lunge/lumberjack press combo that I showed last month.
http://www.benbruno.com/2011/12/cool-total-body-exercise-lumberjack-reverse-lungepress-combo/
Smitty Diesel shows an innovative way to mimic floor presses without having to lie on the floor.
Brett Roy gets crazy at Defranco’s Gym. This guy is a FREAK athlete. This stuff is incredible.
Jim Laird deadlifts 315 pounds plus 360 pounds of chain. Yes, you read that right..360 pounds of chains. Holy moly. Strong work here.
Coach Dos shows multi-planar step ups. Give this a try for a new stimulus if you’ve been sticking to regular step-ups.
Danny Sawaya does 17 reps with a 32 kg kettlebell on the standing overhead press. This is really strong. Do this unilaterally and standing is a bear, but Danny makes it look incredibly easy.
Jen Grasso rocks some Bulgarian Split Squats with perfect form. This is tough with a barbell, by Jen makes it look like cake.
Elsbeth Vaino shows a good way to switch your arm placement with glute bridges to get more out of the exercise. Sometimes it’s the little things that make a big difference. I like putting the arms out wide like Elsbeth does, or even putting them on the stomach, which makes it a little harder by decreasing the base of support.
Chase Karnes does a 620 pound yoke walk. I have never done these, but I can only imagine how they must feel.
Mike Mahler shows his joint mobility routine. This is some really helpful stuff.
Zach Even Esh shares his home garage gym. This is freakin awesome for a garage and goes to show that you don’t need a ton of space and/or equipment to get after it.
John Meadows shows some cambered bar rows. This bar works great because it allows for an added range of motion. Great idea.
Kevin Carr shows a great stretch for the hip flexors. If you have a wedge, this one is awesome, but you can still do it almost as well without the wedge so don’t fret if you don’t have one.
Stevo Reed shows the tactical frog mobility drill. My groin hurts just watching this, which means I probably need to be doing it. When my knee heals up I’m going to try this out because I can already tell I’ll like it.
That’s all folks. I hope you enjoyed it. Until next time, I bid you adieu.

Wikio

No comments: