|Dessert:||small amount of fruit|
- Old-fashioned oatmeal with blueberries, scrambled egg whites
- Spinach omelet made with omega-3 enriched whole eggs
- Turkey burger on whole-grain bread, salad
- Grilled chicken breasts, steamed vegetables
- Salmon with grilled zucchini and squash
- Steak with plain sweet potato and salad
- Grilled chicken breasts (2) over large spinach salad, olive oil-based dressing
Natural Nut Butter — One serving is added to the last protein shake of the day to balance out the types of dietary fats in the diet. It also makes for a very filling and satisfying shake. One serving of natural peanut butter blended into a chocolate protein shake tastes like peanut butter cup candy.
Any nut butter is fine — peanut, almond, walnut, macadamia, cashew, etc. — but it must be natural. Natural peanut butter, for example, must be stirred (as the oil separates). The ingredient list should include just two items: "peanuts, salt." Natural nut butters must also be kept in the fridge after opening.
Milled Flax Seeds — Flax seeds are a source of fiber, healthy fats, and lignans, which have antioxidant and cancer-fighting properties. Make sure they're milled (ground up), and always store them in the refrigerator after opening.